Email forwarding explained.
Email forwarding is a simple mechanism for automatically redirecting emails, but on a domain level. It is possible to redirect emails from one email address to another, or in the other case, from several separate email addresses to a particular one. You are able to define the time factor freely while getting the service. So, that means you can choose for what period of time this operation is going to be performed. You can define a short, medium, or long period, or maybe even you want it to be permanent.
Reasons to use it.
Email forwarding is one of the most fundamental and broadly applied email features. It makes the communication way smoother and also organized. Let’s see some examples where email forwarding is a great option.
- Centralize messages – Some positions in an organization or specialists can find it helpful to centralize all the messages. So, they will have to check only one email account. These could also be individuals responsible for more than one domain, or owners of several businesses, supervisors of different projects, and so on. For sure, all of them receive a lot of emails every day. With email forwarding, all of the emails will be redirected to one email address you determine.
- Avoid losing potential clients or audiences. There could be a reason for a business to change its domain name. Such cases could be restructuring based on growing, business merges, or renovation. While you are engaged with such tasks, your clients will probably still try to contact you via the previous email. So, it will be a good idea not to quit your previous domain directly. Alternatively, renew its ownership time enough, so your customers get correctly familiarized with the change. Establish email forwarding for all the incoming messages to be redirected from the former email address to the new one.
- Avoid that personnel rotation stops your potential deals. Every business has key positions in charge of delicate data, contacts, negotiations, etc. Even your happiest executive can be tempted by another company and suddenly quit the job. Also, different reasons can lead you to fire people in those positions. Time for hiring a new person, for introducing him/her, and for he/she to get up to date can mean the difference between getting or not a deal. Avoid risks by redirecting all emails sent to an email account to the one you define. Conversation between the client and your company can keep going no matter the inside situation. And the new colleague will have all the information to be soon on the same page!
- Apply a disguised public domain email account. Usually, businesses use email addresses, including their domain names. It helps them with providing a professional image and confidence in their clients. Of course, if you prefer to use a personal account provided by a public email provider, such as Google’s Gmail, you can achieve this with email forwarding. It will successfully redirect all emails to your preferred email address. Customers will be able to send you messages to firstname.lastname@example.org, and you will receive them at email@example.com. In addition, your personal email account will be absolutely private.
Advantages of Email forwarding
- Easy to use. All of your emails are delivered to one email address.
- Don’t lose clients. Your ex-employee’s email can be redirected to a different mailbox, and stay in touch with them.
- You are able to apply the email software you prefer and forward the emails there.
- Save time by managing all the emails from one single account.